Saturday, October 8, 2011

C4K Post #2


Pointsview School Room 3

At first I didn't really understand why Dr. Strange would have us view an entire blog and then assign us just one specific blog to comment on - now I do! There is absolutely no way to just view your assigned post and comment. These kids have created an incredible blog. You must check it out!

My assignment was to comment on the Wordle Blog. Since we created a wordle ourselves at the beginning of this semester - I really enjoyed looking at their wordle. The wordle is created of words that the class feels best describes their blog and what their blog is used to learn. Notice that learning is the longest and one of the largest words. World is the other really large word. I think this wordle could be used to describe our own EDM310 Class Blog.

I commented on the wordle blog that I had created a wordle also. I complemented them on a job well done. I also made what I believe are encouraging remarks on the difficulty of learning new things and the pride one takes when those difficult tasks are completed.

Great job! Thanks for sharing!
wordle of words describing this class blog

Mrs. Gregory's 6th Grade

This week we were assigned two different students to comment on for Mrs. Gregory's class. We were assigned a number and a column and then we were told to use the "name generator" to get another student's name.

The student I was assigned was Abby. Abby's post consisted of a recipe for a science experiment. I tried the experiment and it worked! Much to my own dismay. I told Abby this too! I hope the excitement I felt at having a science experiment that actually worked showed in my post! I am so excited that it worked for me! Below you will find her recipe!

Make a a balloon blow up. We will use vinegar, baking sota, and empty water bottles.

1. You get an empty water bottle and fill it up with vinegar about half way.

2. You get a balloon and fill it up with baking sota.

3. You put the balloon on the water bottle to cover the top.

4. then the balloon should be blown on.

water bottle, balloon, vinegar bottle


My second post for this week I used the "name generator" and it chose Kasey5 for me. Kasey's blog was, well... all about blogging. She stated her ideas on blogging and why she enjoyed it. I expressed how much I have enjoyed blogging in this class. I told her that sometimes when I am "playing" on Facebook I go and look to see what still needs to be done with my blog. She is doing a great job blogging and I told her so!



This week we were assigned to comment on Mr. C's Class Blog. Mr. C is none other than William Chamberlain - someone that is a part of my PLN! So I was excited to read "his" kid's blog!

I was assigned to comment on Elizabeth's blog. The week I chose to comment was a blog about Why I Write. I started by reading several of Elizabeth's posts. I then commented on the "Why I Write" post. I told her that I had read other posts and that I really loved her post on "Setting and Mood". I almost got cold while reading that post and I told her so! It was really great! Elizabeth does a great job at making you "see" what she wants you to "see"! I suggested that she continue her blog as long as she can.

I can see why Dr. Strange has us use Mr. Chamberlain as an example of a great teacher! A teacher can usually be defined by the type of work their students put forth. Mr. Chamberlain's students really put their best foot forward! I know that not every student will always do their very best and sometimes a student's very best will not be that great, but it is encouraging to see what can happen!



ROOM 9 @ PT England School

Here is Lorenzo's animation of the Dublin castle in Ireland. Well done Lorenzo!

This week I commented on Lorenzo's animation. I have attempted animation before and I had a hard time doing it! I think it would be something that would be fun to attempt again with the knowledge I currently have from this class!

Lorenzo did a great job on his presentation. It is only 23 seconds long - so you should check it out here!





1 comment:

  1. Unsegmented States of U.s., things aren't what they seem. He takes up crime and comes into regularised conflicts with the protectors of the law. This games plot has made the gallinacean an fast-breaking succsess the reality over.The Impressive Stealing Automobile IIII
    GTA 5 PC Download

    ReplyDelete