Saturday, November 12, 2011

C4K#10 Part 1

class full of children
Mrs. Yollis' Classroom Blog


One day I hope my students are able to create a quality blog like these 3rd graders have created! I know that in order for this to happen, I must learn as much as I possibly can to teach them how to create the blog. Once you view what Mrs. Yollis has done here, you will see that she is not only educating her own students, but she is educating students all over the world. She is teaching parents how to access their children's work, grandparents on becoming involved in their grandchildren's education and she is educating future teachers.

Mrs. Yollis' blog shows us what can be accomplished through dedication and hard work. She sets up Skype interviews with other countries like Australia! She also creates opportunities for the kids to learn about giving to others with her post regarding UNICEF here. Mrs. Yollis is educating her students on how to learn and how to give back! She isn't teaching them by standing in front of them talking, she is educating them by showing them how to learn. This is something I want to emulate in my future classroom! It is the main reason I wish to become an educator! Mrs. Yollis is educating the students on how to learn - therefore she is teaching them to become self learners which will entice them to be life long learners!

I am so excited by this blog! I can see what can be done with students in a classroom environment. Honestly, what excited me even more was a link that Mrs. Yollis has on her blog called Educational Blogging Resource for Teachers! What an informational website! I have added that site to my Delicious account for future use. It is something I will definitely be going back to and using!



No comments:

Post a Comment