Sunday, November 6, 2011

Blog Post Assignment #11


Ms. Cassidy


I thought it was pretty awesome that Ms. Cassidy didn't expect to be technologically advanced in the classroom! She started using technology because she was all of a sudden given five computers in her classroom.She then decided that since there were five computers, she had to make a center for her young five and six year old's to use. She started to learn how to create web pages and others things on her blank computers. This soon turned into blogging and many other things she discovered with the use of internet.

With the help of the government and give time off,she was able to build her program for her students. I think that from ten years ago when she was given these computers, she has built something really special that she does every year with her first graders. It is great that she was given the opportunity to teach her students about technology and not be discouraged by faculty,staff, and principals. She said she has an amazing technology coordinator who supports her and backs her up.What an awesome place to teach!

I only hope that when I become a teacher that the parents of my students are supportive and want to know how their children are doing while learning about technology. Ms.Cassidy says to future teachers who think that teaching technology to younger children does not matter right now, that technology is here to stay and that we have to change because the world is changing. This really made me think about how important it is going to be for me to learn more about technology so that I can one day help my students.Watching the skype conversation with Ms.Cassidy and Dr.Strange and his class was really interesting and made me do a lot of thinking about my future teaching career.

Although I will not be teaching at the Elementary level -- I can see the difference using technology makes in the classroom, even with the younger kids. It is my desire to use as much technology as I possibly can in my classroom. I am hoping to teach in an environment that allows me to utilize technology to its fullest potential!

I feel overwhelmed each week with the knowledge I gain in this class!I hope that I can evolve into the type of educator that emulate Dr. Strange's methods of learning! I will graduate in the Spring of 2013 and I am now CONVINCED that I am pursuing my PASSION!

No comments:

Post a Comment