Friday, November 4, 2011

C4K Post # 3

Final C4K Post

Mr. McClung's World...




Philosophy


Won't you look up at the skyline
at the mortar block and glass
and check out the reflections
in my eyes
you see they always
used to be there
even when this all was grass
and I sang and danced
about a high-rise

you were laughing at
my helmet hat
laughing at my torch

CHORUS
Go ahead you can
laugh all you want
I got my philosophy
keeps my feet on the ground
and I trust it like the ground
and that's why my philosophy(my phil-)
it keeps me walking when I'm falling down(o-so-phy)

I see that there is evil
and I know that there is good
and the inbetweens
I never understood
won't you look at me
I'm crazy
but I get the job done
yeah I'm crazy
but I get the job done

CHORUS

I pushed you 'cause
I loved you guys
I didn't realize
you weren't having fun
I dragged you up the stairs
and I told you to fly
you were flapping your arms
you started to cry
you were too high
too high

You may take this all for granted
take the mortar, block and glass
and you forget the speech
that moved the stone
but it's really not that you can't see
the forest for the trees
you've never been out
in the woods alone

So you can laugh
all you want to
but I got my philosophy
keeps my feet on the ground
and I love you
you're my friend
but you got no philosophy
now it's time for this song to end


Although I was not sure exactly why I would need to look at this particular post. It was just about a singer and some of his work. Until... I read the lyrics and looked at the video (see above) what a great sentiment for today's educators. We all have a philosophy. Sometimes we change our philosophies in order to appease administration or our co-workers. I believe this song needs to be kept in the heart of all future teachers and current teachers. If you lose your philosophy when you teach o then you need to stop teaching or regain your philosophy!

Or --- I could be all wrong!


Mrs. Yollis's Class

This week I was assigned to comment on Mrs. Yollis's Classroom Blog here. This blog was about traditions. As a visitor we were specifically asked to post a tradition in our family. I posted about our family tradition of going to all of my siblings and my parent's home on Christmas. It is a fun time that we share with each other. There are a bunch of us in my family since I am one of FIVE children, so it makes for a chaotic but enjoyable time of fun, fellowship and eating!



Britney is a Year 6 student at the PT England School. She is a great writer and does an excellent job telling what happens on "blog day"! I commented on her blog post here. Britney is doing an excellent job with her blog post. It is very colorful and well written!


Last C4K

I can understand why Dr. Strange wanted us to comment on the kids blogs. This shows us a tangible way that we, as future teachers, can include blogging in the classroom. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading and responding to each kid's blog and I look forward to having my high school students maintain a blog!


___________________________________________

At the beginning of the semester, I wondered why the heck we would be leaving comments for kids. I get that now. Leaving comments forces one to see how the teachers/students are using blogs. This gives a prospective educator an idea of what he/she can do in their own classroom.

The one thing I would have enjoyed seeing in a blog with Secondary students. We saw some middle school students using blogs, but not any ninth-twelfth grade students using blogs. I wish there had been more opportunities for viewing upper schools blogs. I know there is probably a shortage of blogs for high school students. I hope that I can change that in a year or so!
I really enjoyed this assignment and I am surprised to say that I am sorry to see it ending!

No comments:

Post a Comment